What causes hyperpigmentation?
Hyperpigmentation is caused by:
- sun/pollution exposure
- certain medications, for eg some antidepressants, antibiotics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories
- hormonal changes or contraceptive pill
- skin inflammation from acne, eczema or skin injury
- blue light from screens and electronic devices
- medical conditions such as Addison’s disease and haemochromatosis.
For an introductory set, we recommend the Synergie Skin Brightening Kit, a targeted mini-kit to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone and pigmentation.